The events leading up to our departure for England could not have posed more of a problem......i was not deterred............we were going home.......WHATEVER!!!! So the snow kept falling....and falling.......and falling.......and falling........so school was closed the last day of term (our departure day!) and we wake up to at least 6 inches of snow! Never mind I think to myself.........fairly prepared in terms of packing and getting all our stuff together..............get the kids in front of the TV and looking after Ruby I thought and a morning to pack the car ................................or so I thought!!!!
So after sorting everyone out with breakfast and Shaun braving the snow to get the roofbox on the car and load the presents/gifts in...................it was all going to plan!!! I then hear Ruby screaming and rush into the lounge expecting her to have fallen and knocked herself to which a cuddle and carry normally resloves any issues! But this time no way........she screamed much longer than normal and after finding out what happened (Millie basically tripped up and fell on her leg) I realised a hospital visit was in the offing!
Shaun still at home - we all trudged off to the hospital and with everything crossed that it was to be a short visit we settled into the waiting room! At this point, Ruby seemed hapy enough and ate her breakfast with her usual gusto!
"Ruby Florence" was called and I thought - ok so short wait - things are not looking so bad......of course that was just the meeting with the nurse for her to write notes in preparation for the doctor! Back to the waiting room for more waiting..................and more waiting........and then we trudge off to an examination room.....for more waiting....waiting....waiting.........hurrah..........at last the doctor appears and examines ruby's leg with much prodding and pushing. "I think it seems ok" was his verdict "but just to be sure I want to take an x-ray!" By this point I'm thinking ....more waiting........Ruby seems fine - maybe we should just go!!! Thankfully I perservered as the x-ray (a screaming experience from start to finish!!!!) and she has a tiny break at the bottom of her leg - and is now the proud owner of a full leg cast - bless her! she seems absolutely fine with it so far (and smiling and laughing through the whole putting of the cast on!!!! i'm sure that was more to do with the fact that she had the whole Mccabe family plus 2 nurses and a doctor all peering over her and making a fuss of her!!!!!.......definitely no "3rd child lack of attention" here yet!!!!!!!)
So we get home at roughly the time we were thinking of setting off for England......except car not loaded, shaun not been to the office, no-one had food - but the house was lovely and clean (shame cleaner now left so i had to make an extra journey to go and pay her!!!!!) So after a couple of very stressful hours nad at this point just chucking stuff in the car in the hope I had everything....we departed!
Journey was a breeze......thank god! All went to plan - snow not a problem and managed to get our originally booked crossing time! I even managed to cobble together enough baguette, ham and cheese to have a car picnic on route so we didnt have to stop (thankfully car booked in for cleaning once we hit Harpenden!) Arriving back on home soil felt fantastic..................that gut feeling in my tummy had a big smile :-)
Post a picture of hop-a-long!
ReplyDelete